Home

    Welcome

   Department

   Academic

  Library

   Hostel

      Makhanlal Chaturvedi Govt. Girls P.G. College Khandwa

 

The institution is honored to be named after the renowned poet and freedom fighter Padmshri  Dada Makhanlal Chaturvedi. This is the only women's college in the Khandwa District of Madhya Pradesh. It was established in 1963 and is situated on Indore-Adilabad highway. The college has it's own beautiful stone masonry building with huge veramdas  and lovely arches built in the year  1923.It has 25 acres of land Smt. Vimla Sharma as its first Principal. The institution was then headed, guided and motivated by a galaxy of eminent educationists in the subsequent years.

 It has a team of 34 well qualified faculty members headed by the Principal and an equally efficient group of supporting staff. Besides guiding and inspiring the students for academic excellence, the institution makes special efforts for the all-round personality development of about 1500 students admitted to its care.

  The College has adopted a comprehensive view to develop professionalism. The college has initiated a slight shift from age-old traditional courses to need-based professional courses which have a bright future in the coming years

 Affiliated to Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore  the college has a curriculum designed by the University. It offers a wide range of combinations of subjects at UG level besides self financing courses in Computer Science, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Clinical Nutrition Dietetics at UG level and M.Com. At P.G. level .

  It offers PG Level courses in 7 subjects, namely Chemistry, Music, Economics, Hindi, Political Science, Sociology and Home Science. Besides, the college organizes a number of national seminars/workshops in various subjects from time to time. The college organizes Various lectures for the students and special career counseling cell is also setup for the placement and proper guidance to students at the time of admissions.

 The college has an independent library building with 26524 books ,22 Journals ,Magazine and news papers. The college also boasts of effective NSS and NCC units. This helps nurture a sense of belonging to one's country and fosters teamwork amongst the volunteers of the scheme. The long-standing demand for a hostel, was also fulfilled and we were able to accommodate 24 students from. Further expansion of the hostel is underway. The new Computer Laboratory is also developed.

 The institution is strengthened by the commendably support of  the Janbhagidari Samiti, the College has expended its resources productivity and has ensured their optimal use.

 The institution was assessed and accredited by NAAC Bangalore in July, 2013 and was awarded ‘A++’ status. As required by NAAC a quality assurance cell has been constituted which comprises a team of 10 members, headed by the Principal. This cell has been constituted to pursue and modify the working of the institution as per the suggestions and recommendations made by NAAC, Bangalore with a motive to strive for excellence in all fields.  
 Our endeavor is to develop such capabilities in students which are useful in life. Attempt is also being made to help them develop a dignified personality and enhance inter-personal communication skills, thus giving new dimensions to higher education. Our sources of strength are co-operation of parents, support from the government and active participation by students. We want our student to be upright, confident and knowledgeable with abiding faith in human values.

Makhanlal Chaturvedi Govt. Girls P.G. College Khandwa

To contact us:

Phone: 0733- 2244097         

Fax:  0733-2244050

E-mail: heggckhn-mp@gov.in. , principalmlcgdcknw@rediffmail.com

Contents Provided, Updated & Maintained by

The Principal,

Dr. Akhilesh Sharma, Head of Deptt. Physics

MLC Govt. Girls College Khandwa[M.P.]

Screen Resolution of 1024 x 768 Pixels

Design & Developed By-Abhishek Sinde

                                     ACCREDITED “A”    By NAAC

Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition